We work with a wide variety of conditions affecting attention, learning, memory, mood, and behavior — in all age groups.
Our target diagnosis is AD/HD, which means that our office primarily treats patients with ADHD of all types, the Hyperactive-Impulsive, the Inattentive (formerly called ADD), and the Combined type, with both styles in one individual. We also treat those with seemingly separate problems that are often ADHD-in-disguise, such as Restless Leg Syndrome, boredom eating, and the run-all-night brains that block sleep.
But we can help people with or without ADHD who have:
- Mood Problems
- Frustration, Irritability, Agitation
- Cyclothymia & Mild Bipolar Disorder
- Anxiety problems
- OCD — Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder
- Panic Attacks
- School & Social Phobias
- Asperger Syndrome
- Some Other Genetic & Developmental Disorders
- School Issues
- LD – Learning Differences
- School Accommodation Needs
- IEPs, 504 Plans for Students
- Coordination with Teachers, Counselors, Nurses
- Visual & Auditory Processing Problems
- Behavioral Problems
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Tourette Syndrome & Tic Disorders
- Sleep Problems
- From Depression, Anxiety, OCD
- Sleep Apnea
- Excessive Daytime Sleepiness
- “Executive-Function Problems”
- ADHD Coaching Needs
- “Sluggish Cognitive Tempo”
- Marital Difficulties due to ADHD
What we do not do or treat:
- Counseling – We do education but not “talk therapy”
- Substance Abuse Treatment – Primary Drug & Alcohol Issues
- Psychometric Evaluations – IQ & School Testing – arranged as necessary.
- Extreme Developmental Disabilities
- Psychiatric Disability Evaluations
- Legal, Court, or Forensic Psychiatry
- Psychiatric Hospital Followup
- Dementia & Alzheimer’s
An Additional Benefit…
Our physician was in Family Medicine for 20 years before he opened our center. His usual practice is to take a complete medical history and perform a neurological examination, looking for medical factors that relate to psychiatric problems or that could affect your treatment.
EVALUATION AND TREATMENT
There is a huge world of possible testings and treatments. No one needs everything, and a “do-everything-to-everybody” approach is not wise or practical – or affordable or even endurable.
First, we listen.
Then we think.
Then we check – and think again.
Then we educate.
Then you ask.
Then we treat.
Works better that way.
What evaluations might be necessary?
Our center does some of these evaluations; for others, we will guide you to the best sources. We will help with arrangements if evaluations are needed beyond those done in our office.
- A hands-on medical check by our physician
- A neurological exam
- Family history evaluation
- Psychoeducational testing for intelligence and/or achievement
- LD and dyslexia testing
- Blood tests for medical problems
- Vitamin levels
- Hearing testing – an audiogram
- Visual sharpness testing
- Color-vision tests
- Autism screening
- Speech Therapy evaluation
- Central Auditory Processing (CAPD) testing
- Central Visual Processing Disorder (CVPD) testing
- Visual tracking and other neuromuscular exams
- Occupational Therapist evaluation of coordination
- Genetics evaluation
- EEG – brainwave
What treatments might help?
When chosen, our center provides medication and close medical management for needed ADHD and psychiatric mediation. We arrange for and certify the need for agencies and professionals who provide treatments such as educational accommodations, counseling, or speech therapy.
- ADHD coaching
- Accommodation plans at school
- Special educational services
- Occupational therapy
- Speech therapy
- Academic tutoring
- Social skills training
- Parenting training
- Reading and dyslexia training
- Assistive devices at school and/or home
We are happy to speak with you about the evaluations we perform and the services we provide. Just call us!